Return to Search Results
Compassion Over Killing
(aka) Compassion Over Killing Inc
P.O. Box 9773
Washington, DC 20016
Help end animal abuse. We work to end cruel and inhumane treatment of cows, pigs, chickens, other birds and all farm animals. We're raising awareness and promoting vegan, plant-based eating as a way to build a healthier, more sustainable, and kinder world.
Real Life Story
Compassion Over Killing (COK) provides a powerful voice to billions of animals who suffer behind closed doors in animal agribusiness. From the frequently impregnated dairy cow whose calf is taken from her at birth to the egg-laying hen living in a cage so small, she can barely move, we aim to shed a light on these cruel industries. And we take a multifaceted approach to ending the suffering caused by animal agribusiness through undercover investigations exposing blatant animal cruelty and by promoting vegan options to businesses and consumers. With your help, we've accomplished major victories, including:
- Uncovering the dairy industry's cruel price-fixing scheme that involved killing 500,000 young cows just to raise the price of milk
- Successfully persuading BOCA Foods to stop using eggs and the UK-based company, Quorn, to launch its first-ever vegan product in the US
- Urging Subway to add vegan options, which are now being introduced in Canada
- Airing 30-second pro-veg commercials nationwide on MTV, Comedy Central, Animal Planet and HULU.com
- Hosting a VegWeek campaign annually in April empowering thousands of people to take a 7-Day VegPledge
Each year in the US, more than 9 billion birds, pigs, and cows are killed for foodthat's more than one million animals every hour. Every time we sit down to eat, we can stand up for animals, simply by choosing the vegetarian version of our favorite foods.
Visit our website today for more information on our life-saving work!