- Is my nonprofit organization a good fit for Animal Charities of America (ACA)?Animal Charities of America represents a highly diverse group of national animal cause related nonprofits throughout the country that make a significant impact every day. Founded in 1994, ACA is uniquely positioned as the only federated organization of its kind, established exclusively to raise funds and increase awareness for national animal organizations. If your nonprofit is an animal cause related nonprofit that has programs and services in 15 or more states, then you should consider joining ACA.
- How can Animal Charities of America help my organization?ACA helps nonprofits navigate and thrive in an often overwhelming and cumbersome fundraising world. We provide consolidated workplace campaign administration, marketing and financial services designed to lower individual charity costs. We also provide increased online presence with an individualized partner profile which raises awareness of your cause while funneling more supporters and funds to your mission. ACA provides additional services via partners, including online fundraising software through GiveDirect, corporate matching gift services through Amply, state charitable registration services, grant assistance, and an awarded charitable seal of excellence through America's Best Charities.
- Is my organization eligible to become an Animal Charities of America partner?ACA nonprofit partners must meet strict accountability standards via an annual application and review process. All applicants must be in good standing with the IRS as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, demonstrate significant program service on a national level, commission an annual audited financial statement (or review if appropriate), have an active independent board of directors, have reasonable fundraising and administrative expenses, and meet other modest board requests. ACA professionals provide personalized assistance to help you evaluate various campaign participation scenarios and your financial return potential.
- What are the benefits of participation in workplace fund drives?Workplace giving opportunities provide millions of Americans with a reliable and efficient way to support animal organizations. Campaigns rely upon payroll deductions and as a result, participating nonprofits gain dependable, undesignated, and unrestricted quarterly revenue. ACA is proud to represent partner nonprofits in the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) and facilitate numerous state, local, and corporate campaigns through our partner federation, America’s Best Charities.
- What is the Combined Federal Campaign?The mission of the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) is to promote and support philanthropy through a program that is employee focused, cost-efficient, and effective in providing all federal employees the opportunity to improve the quality of life for all. The CFC is proud to be celebrating its 60th anniversary. As the world’s largest and most successful annual workplace charity campaign, the CFC has raised more than $8.5 billion for charities and people in need.
- What do current ACA nonprofits think of working with Animal Charities of America?"Labs4Rescue values its membership in the ACA Federation. Working in partnership with the ACA has facilitated our long-standing participation in the Combined Federal Campaign and has allowed us to accept labs in our program that needed advanced veterinary services that we otherwise would not be able to support." -- Dr. Cathy Mahle, Founder and Director, Labs4Rescue "The exposure that we received from the ACA web site helped us ramp up more quickly than we otherwise could have as a fairly new charity. Their staff is always friendly and responsive and helped us create a public employee campaign strategy that worked for us." --Jennifer Durney, President, Dogs & Cats Stranded On The Streets
Join our community. We’ll send you news, success stories, nonprofit profiles, and ways to get involved.